Skip to main content
Topic: Welcome Members of the Fitness.com Forum (Read 174 times) previous topic - next topic

Welcome Members of the Fitness.com Forum

This forum is a work in progress,

After Admin on the fitness.com forum appears to have abandoned members and with long time members being locked out and unable to either create a new account or contact admin there was a need for a way of members to communicate.

Setting rules and guidelines here will be a collaborative effort.
I will not be adding any adverts to the forum.
Membership is based on admin approval rather than e-mail (I have not been able to get the e-mail system working)

The most popular section of the old forum is the diary section, I have added this already and made it visible only to members for increased privacy.

The software for the forum has less features than fitness.com but it is also free so no ongoing costs to cover the software.

Re: Welcome Members of the Fitness.com Forum

Reply #1
Thanks so much, Tru! You are a champ! I’m looking forward to spending time here & I hope my forum friends move over. It’s exciting to think that we will have our own space. It will feel safer as well I think as it won’t be visible to non-members.
I can’t thank you enough!

Reply #2
after a bit of fiddling around I have the forum able to send e-mails now, so I have the option to go from admin approval to e-mail verification.

Reply #3
Thank Tru, found my way here via Cate’s link.
Mike D

Reply #4
It's good to see you here, Mike :)

Reply #5
Hi, thank you Cate and Tru.  Another Fitness.com refugee here.

Reply #7
Thanks! Rob helped me from the other site and linked this place for me. I can't wait to see the diaries and start my own

Reply #8
Question. I made my 20 posts but am still a probation member, how long till I can see diaries?

Thanks!

Reply #9
While 20 posts is the set point for the probationary member period to end, it is a manual process to change a member from probationary to regular members. This is to prevent people posting 20 times without meaningfully interacting with other members posts just to unlock other areas of the forum.

20 me too posts without adding to the conversation is as spammy as someone posting an advert 20 times.

As per the post in the forum setting thread

Simply posting as many low quality posts with the sole purpose of increasing post count as fast as possible will not automatically move a member out of the probation period.

Reply #10
Oh darn! Thanks for the reply! I'll make more meaningful posts from now on thanks for replying!