Skip to main content
Topic: Veggie burgers with Tzatziki (Read 93 times) previous topic - next topic

Veggie burgers with Tzatziki

Middle Eastern style veggie burgers with Tzatziki (makes 10 generous burgers).

Pulse all of these together (all veg are raw & weights approximate)-
1 medium carrot
130g pumpkin
100g Daikon radish
1.5 onions (red & or white)
A good handful of mixed greens
Lots of fresh parsley
1 potato
2 fresh chillies
Some preserved lemon(or fresh, but add extra salt)
4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup pistachios(or any other nut)
¼ cup sunflower seeds

After pulsing mix in
2 tablespoons Tahini
Turmeric (<1 tsp)
Ginger (<1 tsp)
Salt & pepper, to taste
2/3 cup breadcrumbs (we use GF)
1/3 cup masa flour (you can use any flour)
2 eggs

Form into patties. Shallow fry in a little olive oil in a non-stick pan. Serve warm or cold with Tzatziki.

Tzatziki-
Greek-style yoghurt (low-fat or full-fat), a little cumin, garlic, parsley, chives, lemon zest & juice.

I have only a vague idea of the calories (2 burgers with Tzatziki about 300 cals?)
I do know that they are delicious.

Re: Veggie burgers with Tzatziki

Reply #1
Oh, this looks so good!  I'm glad recipes will be on their own thread so I can find them again!  Can't wait until I am not too busy to cook again!!

Reply #2
It is delicious! I'll keep adding recipes & cooking ideas as I need to keep my feet up! I don't usually work out calories though so will go back & edit any I need to.

Reply #3
I'm glad you have something nice like this to do with your time.  I wish I could contribute more.  I want to do a post on the psychology of agency - feeling that what you do makes a difference - because I want to explore how to think of goals as fun and interesting things that I have a bit more control over as far as weight loss.  I am reading up a little on it in-between panic cleaning!

Reply #4
We're having the veggie burgers for lunch next Saturday as C is vegetarian & L is allergic to seafood, so we will all have vegetarian. We (the royal we) will also have baked veggies, maybe some dips, A is bringing fresh bread & I'm sure R & C will bring something as they always do. "We" might make a double batch. 

Reply #5
Sounds like a delectable feast!