Skip to main content
Topic: Knowledge is power (Read 189 times) previous topic - next topic

Knowledge is power

I don't particularly like weighing myself but it does help anchor me in reality. Knowing what my weight is doing rather than hoping means I can adjust accordingly. Sure, weight fluctuates (because of gut filling, hydration levels, water retention due to muscle soreness, hormonal bloat, or inflammation) so there's no sense in panicking over any one specific measurement but the long-term trend counts anyway. I put my weigh-in in my diary as well but having a specific weigh-in thread makes the data easier to find and keep track of. Feel free to join me, whether it's with weight or other measurements.

My first weigh-in on this forum was last Monday: 88.1 kg/194 lbs. I generally weigh in once a week, but to each their own.

Re: Knowledge is power

Reply #1
88.5 kg today, which is a 0.4 kg increase. Knew I wasn't doing well this week so no surprise.

Reply #2
Guess this is a good replacement place for the old weigh yourself everyday thread.  Difference is people can decide when and how often weigh in works for them.  Hope you agree Llama.   And I like the new title better, knowledge is power!

8/26 - 182

No binge yesterday and probably 4 days since the last one.

Reply #3
Thanks for starting this thread Llama!  I'm at 191.2, which is a low for me.  This is surprising as I ate a lot of ravioli later in the evening last night, and eating late usually makes me 2-3 pounds heavier the next day.  First goal is to get into the 180s again.

Reply #4
Guess this is a good replacement place for the old weigh yourself everyday thread.  Difference is people can decide when and how often weigh in works for them.  Hope you agree Llama.   And I like the new title better, knowledge is power!

8/26 - 182

No binge yesterday and probably 4 days since the last one.
Yay for no binge! You're absolutely allowed to decide for yourself how often you want to weigh/measure. If we really get infinite editing options I'll probably just keep one reply going and update it as needed.
Thanks for starting this thread Llama!  I'm at 191.2, which is a low for me.  This is surprising as I ate a lot of ravioli later in the evening last night, and eating late usually makes me 2-3 pounds heavier the next day.  First goal is to get into the 180s again.
With all you have going on nothing surprises me, so: yay!

Reply #5
I think this is a great space to weigh in whenever it suits each individual. Knowledge is power.

Reply #6
8/26 - 182
8/27 - 183

5 days no binge
88.5 kg today, which is a 0.4 kg increase.
Holding steady for a week is not bad, we've both had much worse weeks...  0.4 kg is just noise level, not really a gain.
191.2, which is a low for me...  First goal is to get into the 180s again.
Good for you, the 180s are close!
Thanks for starting this thread Llama!
I agree.

Reply #7
I wasn't really eating anything sugary for over a month then I ate a rocket popsicle that was pure sugar this made my weight fluctuate 2 pounds heavier. after a few days with no sugar again my weight leveled out to 197 again. I have a feeling I will be in the 190s for a long time. I think I may need to do a water fast for a while to break this plateau.

Reply #8
8/27   Tuesday

CW: 144.5 lbs (my lowest in years)
1GW: 142 lbs

Reply #9
8/26 - 182
8/27 - 183
8/28 - 184

binged yesterday... oh well today is another day

Reply #11
Big congratulations Vic!!!! 

New low weight 190.6.

Reply #12
Thanks, guys!

143.5 lbs today!!!

Reply #13
8/26 - 182
8/27 - 183
8/28 - 184
8/29 - 184

No binge yesterday.

Reply #14
8/29: 144.1 lbs. Back up again. Hopefully normal fluctuation.