Skip to main content
Topic: Forum settings (Read 110 times) previous topic - next topic

Forum settings

I have set some arbitrator numbers for things like number of lines in signatures and image sizes, which may need to be adjusted as things progress 

Re: Forum settings

Reply #1

I have been juggling around member permissions.

Guests - Non members can see all boards except Diaries
Probationary Members - post approval is on, no personal messaging, can see all boards except Diaries
New Member (after 20 posts/replies) -  usual member privileges, can now see diaries
Founding Members - Assigned to Refugee members from other forum, has all the usual member privileges without probation period

This is still a work in progress so suggestions always welcome.

Reply #2
Is the time set to your local area? It's kind of fun to be able to see what time it was for you (and Cate? Are you guys in the same time zone?) when you posted rather than what time it was for me.

Reply #3
Yes, the forum time is set to my local time, which is the same for Cate. Cate will have a different timezone when she has daylight savings as the state I am in doesn't have daylight savings.

Reply #4
Thanks! Makes sense since you're closer to the tropics.

Reply #5
I must admit that I like seeing "our" time. I have got used to making adjustments & often think "What time is it in...." & have places all over the world with forum members saved in my phone so I can check.