Skip to main content
Topic: Low carb seed crackers (Read 49 times) previous topic - next topic

Low carb seed crackers

Low Carb seed crackers
Ingredients

1⁄3 cup almond flour
1⁄3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1⁄3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds (I cut mine up)
1⁄3 cup flax seed or chia seeds
1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder(I used psyllium husks, not ground) These help to bind the crackers. Psyllium husk is enriched with both soluble & insoluble fibre.
1 tsp salt
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 cup boiling water

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add boiling water and oil. Mix with a wooden fork (or spoon)
Keep working the dough until it forms a ball and has a gel-like consistency.
Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add another piece of paper over the top and use a rolling pin to flatten the dough evenly.
Remove the upper paper (if used) and bake on the lower rack for about 40-45 minutes, check occasionally. Seeds are heat sensitive so pay close attention towards the end. (I added an extra 30 mins).
Turn off the oven and leave the crackers to dry in the oven. Once dried and cool, break into pieces.
If you don't have all sorts of seeds on hand, don't worry! As long as the total amount of seed used is the same as in the recipe you can use more of one sort and less of the other. Including some caraway seeds can make them even more interesting. Experiment with them according to your taste.
Storing
To maintain the crispiness of these crackers, you must store them in an airtight container. Also, make sure they are completely dried and cooled before storing.

I will try to work out how many calories in 30g of crackers next time I make them & then edit this post. It's high time I made some!