Skip to main content
Topic: Technical issues (Read 143 times) previous topic - next topic

Technical issues

Rather than bombarding Tru with PMs that may be similar or typing about technical issues in our diaries this could be the place to mention any technical issues we are having with our new forum. I'll start.
Can the edit function be extended to 24 hours (maybe just for founding members if that's possible)?

Re: Technical issues

Reply #1
How long would members like to be able to edit posts ? turning off member editing is usually an anti spam measure which is not a problem at the moment.

Reply #2
Maybe if spam becomes an issue unlimited editing could also be something people can earn through a certain amount of posts? For now it could just be for everyone, I think.

Reply #3
I have increased the edit time to a full 24 hours just to see how it goes

Reply #4
Thanks! I was going to reply to that earlier but had to check something first so I saved my draft and when I came back it was gone, both from the quick reply box and from the full one. Do you happen to know if it's hidden under a button somewhere?

Reply #5
I have not gone hunting around the draft settings much so I am not sure.

Reply #6
Thanks, Tru. Personally I think 24 hours is good. I lost a draft today too. It wouldn’t post so I clicked on save draft but when I went back later to try again it wasn’t to be found. It’s not something I would normally do so I don’t care much & if we can all go back & edit for 24 hours it probably won’t be an issue.
I would love to go back & edit at any time as I hate seeing my typos.

Reply #7
Definitely no rush with the draft thing. It is now my turn to have lost the like button. Also: the research thread is not just pinned but also locked so only mods and admins can post/reply. Was that intentional?
Edit: the like button has returned and apparently pushed itself on the last couple of replies. One less thing to worry about.

Reply #8
The idea with the research thread was just an explanation for the section, each article/research should have its own thread so they can be easily referenced and discussed individually rather than a super thread where everything gets mixed together

Reply #9
Gotcha, thanks.

Reply #10
9 times out of 10 the forum is working properly for me now. The 24 hour edit option is good, I think & the like button reappeared later the same day for me.

Reply #11
Cate asked about being able to edit anonymously, members with global moderator permissions can now remove the edited by tag on posts

Reply #12
Thanks Tru 😊

Reply #13
I just noticed that the Quick Reply now has all the options, rather than having to click on preview. Thanks, Tru.

Reply #14
Greetings, just getting started senior moment, forgot my new password! Tried to used the recovery link, but never received the email (that it said was sent).
Upside I made a quick note on my phone & found my login password.