Skip to main content
Topic: What is healthy eating? (Read 38 times) previous topic - next topic

What is healthy eating?

I came across a third Dr. Mike on Youtube, and he also seems to be a good one! This video is 8 years old but it pretty much sums up all the important stuff:
https://youtu.be/fqhYBTg73fw?si=plRQXBH2V-q9mlBY

Re: What is healthy eating?

Reply #1
That's good, Llama :)
I'll add some more stuff over the weekend too.

Reply #3
Great video Llama, mostly stuff we already know but very well explained.  And the reinforcement helps!  I did watch the whole video, usually don't with 15 min youtube stuff like this.

One thing I learned was that people who are overweight and exercise live longer than thin sedentary folks.  I assume that is just overweight and not obese.  I may try to find the source for this one.

Reply #4
One thing I learned was that people who are overweight and exercise live longer than thin sedentary folks.  I assume that is just overweight and not obese.
That absolutely is my assumption as well, especially long-term. But even when someone is in a higher obesity category they'll be healthier when they're active regularly than when they're sedentary. Comparing yourself to yourself and your own goals is generally
healthier than comparing yourself to others anyway.

Reply #5
Another possibility, based on when that video was published, is that he's referring to a study that showed perfectly healthy bloodwork in a lot of very obese individuals... which of course was followed by studies that showed that state was unlikely to last very long and was almost exclusively associated with very young people.

Reply #6
I'll give it a watch, thanks!